GLOBAL RENTAL ALLIANCE
Organizations Strive to Promote Rental Industry Worldwide
April 2011 (Moline, Ill.) undefined Technological trends within the industry, safety and regulatory matters, future economic opportunities and the jointly sponsored International Rental Business Leadership Program were among the key issues addressed by representatives from 36 countries during the Global Rental Alliance’s ninth annual meeting held last month in Las Vegas during The Rental Show 2011, the American Rental Association’s convention and trade show.
The purpose of the Global Rental Alliance is to increase the profile of equipment rental worldwide and to build global understanding of the industry. It is a partnership of seven rental associations throughout the world that meet semi-annually and share information on program initiatives throughout the year. The unity of this group has brought about an increased awareness of overall priorities internationally, adding to the strategic outlook and resources of each association within the Alliance.
Global Rental Alliance representatives present in Las Vegas were:
· Michel Petitjean, secretary general, European Rental Association (ERA)
· Kevin McGuinness, chairman; Terry Douris, president; and Graham Arundell, managing director, Hire Association Europe, U. K. (HAE)
· Tom Kimber, board member, Hire Industry Association of New Zealand (HIANZ)
· Mark Scarce, national president; Neil Wallis, past president; Peter Lancken, board member; Phil Newby, chief executive officer, Hire & Rental Industry Association Ltd., Australia (HRIA)
· Wayne Beckett, President; Ed Dwyer, senior vice president, Canadian Rental Association (CRA)
· Hal Roe, chairman of the board; Chris Wehrman, chief executive officer; Kathy Nicoletto, special assistant to the CEO, American Rental Association
The annual meeting of the Global Rental Alliance provided the opportunity to:
· Share market trend information among the associations and gather a sense of future economic opportunities for all members. Participating organizations are working to develop global benchmarking data among the associations.
· Review the International Rental Business Leadership Program, administered for the Alliance by the ARA Foundation. Two leadership program job shadows were completed in 2010. Matt Gordon from Centenary Hire in Brisbane, Australia, traveled to Armstrong, British Columbia, Canada, where he participated in a five-week visit hosted by Jim Clipperton of Nor-Val Rental. Brittany Haas of Crown Rental in Rosemount, Minn., spent four weeks at Camden Hire in Camden, Australia, hosted by Mark Scarce. Discussion was held regarding potential opportunities for 2011.
· Discuss technology trends within the industry, safety and regulatory matters, equipment theft and insurance.
Representatives of the Alliance also welcomed international guests from their countries and throughout the world at the International Reception held in their honor during The Rental Show. The reception was sponsored by Doosan Portable Power and Rental Management magazine.
About the Global Rental Alliance
The Global Rental Alliance consists of seven independent equipment rental/hire trade associations that have joined together to increase the understanding and concept of rental worldwide. They include: the Hire Association Europe, U.K. (HAE), Hire and Rental Industry Association Ltd., Australia (HRIA); Hire Industry Association of New Zealand (HIANZ); DLR, France; Canadian Rental Association (CRA); European Rental Association (ERA); and the American Rental Association (ARA), United States. Each organization has as its members, businesses that rent equipment to the general public and suppliers that manufacture equipment that is a part of the member business rental inventory. While inventories differ somewhat within each country, they essentially include equipment rented to the construction, homeowner, and special event/party industries.
For more information about the Global Rental Alliance or the International Rental Exchange Program, reference the Alliance web site at www.GlobalRentalAlliance.com.
Kathy Nicoletto, American Rental Association, special assistant to the CEO, Kathy.Nicoletto@ararental.org; 800-334-2177 or 309-764-2475, ext. 265