Following on from the announcement overnight in regards to Level changes – Auckland region Level 3 and the rest of the country to Level 2, HIANZ has re-livened it’s COVID-19 support page and is at the front of the menu again.
As information comes to hand, we will update through news and our website. For now, below is from when we moved from Level 4 to level 3 back in April. I will update in the morning if any changes are needed.
“Businesses can start to open under Alert Level 3. They must take health measures to keep their workers safe.
- Workers must work from home if they can
- Workplaces must operate safely – keeping one metre between workers, recording who is working together, limiting interaction between groups of workers, disinfecting surfaces, and maintaining high hygiene standards
- Retail and hospitality businesses can only open for delivery and contactless pre-ordered pick up – customers cannot enter stores
- Supermarkets, dairies and petrol stations can continue to allow customers into their stores, with the same restrictions and measures in place as Alert Level 4
- Businesses cannot offer services which involve face-to-face contact or sustained close contact (e.g. hairdressing, massage, house cleaning, or door-to-door salespeople)
- Other in home services can be delivered if it is safe to do so (like tradespeople for repairs or installations) – keep two metre separation from those in the house
- Most workers will not require PPE to stay safe at work. Incorrectly used PPE can create more risk. Good hygiene measures like hand washing with soap and water, physical distancing, sneeze and cough etiquette, and wiping down surfaces is the best defence against COVID-19.
More detailed guidance for sectors will be made over the coming days.”
More information at https://covid19.govt.nz/alert-system/