The association has a strategic plan that sets a mission to “Advocate, Educate and Empower” our members. The board through its actioning of these strategies identified the need to support member businesses with the attraction and retention of staff. Further, we see the need to develop our people to create skilled and valuable staff and create a career development pathway for them. Some of the members team could go on to being the next hire company owner through succession, buying an existing or starting up a new enterprise. The association wants to support people in Hire through whatever their pathways are.
To complement and expand on the development of our people, the board has agreed to create a scholarship program to assist the next generation as leaders of Hire.
The Board, at its sole discretion, varies the investment amount and quantity of scholarships awarded for any given year, with a maximum of 3 scholarships awarded.
The Association will operate a scholarship fund that has up to $10,000 in it, funded by the surplus from each trading year. The Association is committed to making this amount available each year.
It is anticipated that not every year will the full amount be awarded, and any leftover will be rolled over to the next year and any surplus from the previous trading year will be added to bring it back up to its cap amount. If the Association does not make a surplus, no top-up will be provided for that year.
The success of the program is dependent on members supporting the revenue opportunities of the association. The HIANZ board and staff will work hard to ensure the program has funding each year.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an employee of a HIANZ Member company.
- Been employed in the Hire Industry for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Is a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 39.
- Have a desire to extend their careers in Hire.
- We welcome applicants from all diverse backgrounds and would like to support those who would struggle to get further education.
- The applicant must be able to support themselves through the study with any extra costs, time off from work and ancillary costs associated with the proposed study.
To find out more and apply for the 2024 Program, please email HIANZ on firstname.lastname@example.org